Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Blog Carnivals

I submitted a post to my second blog carnival in November, via the Nature Blog Network. Until you step into the tent and join the fun, you do not realize all the amazing stories, poems, tales, people, and places to be discovered by following the threads that emerge in a carnival.

My first carnival entry was a A Not so Clever Nest, sent to I and the Birds carnival #100. One of my favorite trees is the eastern hemlock, which I wrote about here, just as Dave Bonta was soliciting submissions for the Festival of the Trees #42. Dave is a "poet, editor, and shutterbug from the eastern edge of western Pennsylvania," who writes at via negativa, and The Morning Porch, and other places, and lives in Plummers Hollow.

Dave, as host of the the current issue of the Festival of Trees, gathered, organized and presented the collection of posts related to this carnival theme. Click here to read his compilation, and follow the links wherever they take you. This carnival, thanks to Dave and his online literary works, opened a porthole for me to a whole new world of creative writing. I look forward to exploring the festival links and reading Dave's daily musings from his morning porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Walks of 2024

We rise early, well before sunrise. It helps to go to bed early. Fortunately the New Year's Eve celebratory fireworks in the neighborhoo...