Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Recovery!

Today I heard a black-and-white warbler sing his weesee, weesee, weesee, the first one of the spring. On the same walk I noticed the mottled green-purplish-brown leaves of the trout lily and the single yellow flower dangling among each pair of leaves. The peach tree flowers seemed to have weathered the cold, wet night. The late winter storm that dumped more than a foot of snow in the last 24 hours farther north missed us thankfully. It's been a good day.
 
But the best part of today was that my laptop returned home with all files intact. Ed at DOT Technologies in Dover worked on it for a week and somehow cleaned, repaired, patched, and generally worked magic on a dying hard drive; long enough to copy all my files, photos, emails, and software programs onto a new hard drive.

I do not know what killed my hard drive. It could have been a virus or spyware or adware or malware, or just a bad hard drive. I've learned a few things though. Back-up often - daily is best. Be careful what you click on - do not rush. Find a good computer repair shop - they can work magic.  Ensure that your anti-virus is working. And to borrow a phrase, Know Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Walks of 2024

We rise early, well before sunrise. It helps to go to bed early. Fortunately the New Year's Eve celebratory fireworks in the neighborhoo...