Thursday, May 1, 2014

A Fresh Look After the Rains

The weather forecast was a bit off today. It called for heavy rain, but that ended during the night. Light mist persisted into the morning, but by early afternoon sun, blue sky, and pretty white clouds emerged. And the black flies too, but that is okay since it feels warm and spring-like, and everything looks refreshed from the recent rains, including the woodlands.
My arugula has sprouted in the garden and something is messing with my pea seeds that I planted last week. Probably a chipmunk. It is too nice an afternoon to get flustered about the chippys. Anyway, I like to see them running across the lawn with cheek pouches bulging, until they start eating my tomatoes, but that is months away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Walks of 2024

We rise early, well before sunrise. It helps to go to bed early. Fortunately the New Year's Eve celebratory fireworks in the neighborhoo...